In order to raise shrimp in a pond successfully, it is necessary to pay attention to three important factors: pond preparation, water quality management and feeding. Before starting to raise shrimp, you need to focus on the location of digging ponds, pond characteristics, quality of equipment, etc. as follows:
- Pond digging site
Be near roads and have enough electricity, especially for medium and large-scale feeding. Choose the type of soil mixed with clay or a little sand to be able to retain water for a long time and without acidity. Should dig in areas with full water sources. One year, fresh water, good, non-toxic, no pesticide, no waste from the factory, can easily change the water using a pump. Or can add water through the tidal regime.
- Pond characteristics
Pond watering is an important factor to pay attention to to create a suitable environment for shrimp growth. The arrangement of the pond is as follows:
- Clean weeds, debris in the pond and clean the plants around the pond light. Pump out the pond to catch small fish, catfish (such as catfish, catfish, etc.) and snake eels, frogs.
- For old ponds, the mud at the bottom of the pond must be restored to eliminate germs and toxic gases by maintaining a thickness of 10 to 15 cm.
- Fix the pond light well, remove any holes or holes in the pond light. The pond light must be at least 0.5 meters higher than the pond water. The back of the pond must be at least 2 meters in size, strong and free of holes and waterproof.
- After restoring the mud, dry the pond for 2 to 7 days to release various toxic gases such as hydrogen peroxide. Ammonia methane comes out of the pond. If the pond is sour, it should not be dried for too long.
- Liming the bottom of the pond: Then whitewash the bottom of the pond to kill germs and improve the ash level or acidity of the water. In the amount of 3-5 kg ??per 100 square meters. For the old pond, the mud at the bottom of the pond must be restored to eliminate germs and toxic gases by keeping the thickness of the mud at 10-15 cm and then lime In the amount of 7-10 kg per 100 square meters.
- Fertilisation : After preparing the pond, apply fertiliser to create natural food. The best fertilisers are chicken, duck and pig manure. In the amount of 25 to 30 kg per 100 square meters. If there is no manure, we can also use chemical fertilisers in the amount of 2 to 4 grams per cubic meter by soaking the fertiliser. Dissolve the seeds in water and sprinkle all over the pond surface.
- Watering in the pond: After fertilising for 1 day, we need to add water in the pond to be 30-40 cm. Then we have to add quality water to fill the pond after fertilising for the next 2-3 days, then the plant plants appear. Make the pond water light green.
- Arrange twigs or bamboo by tying them in bundles at the bottom of the pond for shelter when the lobsters are white. On the other hand, we can add aquatic plants such as wolves to supplement food and shelter for lobsters. Then be prepared to release the baby lobsters in the prepared pond.
It should also be noted that when adding water to the pond, it must be filtered with a 0.5 mm mesh to protect the fish, insects and pests. Others enter the prepared pond. Arrange twigs or bamboo by tying them in bundles at the bottom of the pond for shelter when the lobsters are white. We can add aquatic plants such as lizards to supplement food and shelter for lobsters. Then be ready to release the baby lobsters in the prepared pond.
Pond preparation is an important factor to get the attention, to create an environment suitable for the growth of pathogens. Preparation of ponds for raising lobsters: Digging ponds can be selected in freshwater or stagnant areas with low salt concentration. More than 10 percent.